Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/27 14:03:42 UTC

[DISCUSS] Change API package structure

Hi guys,

As you know , we would like to create our first release in Friday. There is one point that I like to discuss;

In the final specification, API package names are changed from the javax.webbeans.* to different package names. For example, javax.inject, javax.context. etc...After rethinking, I want to update the current API to reflect these changes.

What do you think about reflecting these changes in M1-Release? Should we reflect it in the M1-Release or defer it to the M2-Release?

If there is no opposite idea I will go and update the API to reflect the current specification requirements.

WDYT?

Thanks;

/Gurkan

Re: [DISCUSS] Change API package structure

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
>>KM :You used the words "final specification". Just want to be clear that
the current specification is a "public draft". Which means that there
can be (will be) changes in the future.

Thanks for clarification of the statement.

/Gurkan

________________________________
On Jan 27, 2009, at 8:03 AM, Gurkan Erdogdu wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> As you know , we would like to create our first release in Friday. There is one point that I like to discuss;
>
> In the final specification, API package names are changed from the javax.webbeans.* to different package names. For example, javax.inject, javax.context. etc...After rethinking, I want to update the current API to reflect these changes.
>
> What do you think about reflecting these changes in M1-Release? Should we reflect it in the M1-Release or defer it to the M2-Release?
>
> If there is no opposite idea I will go and update the API to reflect the current specification requirements.
>
> WDYT?

Agreed. M1 should be updated to match the latest public draft specification.

You used the words "final specification". Just want to be clear that the current specification is a "public draft". Which means that there can be (will be) changes in the future.

--kevan

Re: [DISCUSS] Change API package structure

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2009, at 8:03 AM, Gurkan Erdogdu wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> As you know , we would like to create our first release in Friday. There
>> is one point that I like to discuss;
>>
>> In the final specification, API package names are changed from the
>> javax.webbeans.* to different package names. For example, javax.inject,
>> javax.context. etc...After rethinking, I want to update the current API to
>> reflect these changes.
>>
>> What do you think about reflecting these changes in M1-Release? Should we
>> reflect it in the M1-Release or defer it to the M2-Release?
>>
>> If there is no opposite idea I will go and update the API to reflect the
>> current specification requirements.
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> Agreed. M1 should be updated to match the latest public draft specification.

+1

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [DISCUSS] Change API package structure

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

AW: [DISCUSS] Change API package structure

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
+1

This was the main reason why I favoured the delay of the M1 build.

LieGrue,
strub