Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> on 2005/09/20 21:59:03 UTC

[m2] site:deploy password

Is there some way of specifying the ssh password from the command
line as I really don't want to embed it in my settings.xml file. I
would much rather enter it every time - I'm referring to this section:

     <server>
       <id>tomcat</id>
       <username>ashley</username>
       <password></password>
     </server>

Additionally does anyone know why site:deploy might hang? It's been
sitting there for five minutes now with this output:

[INFO] [site:deploy]
Executing command:  mkdir -p /Applications/tomcat/webapps/projects/
master/essential
Executing command: mkdir -p /Applications/tomcat/webapps/projects/
master/essential/

Executing command: scp -t /Applications/tomcat/webapps/projects/
master/essential/site22199.zip

Presumably I provided all the credentials successfully or the mkdir
commands wouldn't have executed properly.

Thanks
-AW

Re: [m2] site:deploy password, scp error

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.
JIRA request done.

As for the scp error when invoking site:deploy I tried the problem
line at the command line:

 > ssh <my credentials>
 > scp -t /Applications/tomcat/webapps/projects/master/essential/
site50990.zip

at which point it just hung. Maybe it's my understanding of scp, but
I've never
heard of the -t option and can't find it in the man page. Also I did
expect
a source and a dest, whereas on the command above it seems like there
is only a dest.

Another possibility is that maven uses an scp format that is
incompatible with
Mac OS X scp - if so then it's one for JIRA.

In the meantime I've written a script to do the copying for me :(

AW

Re: [m2] site:deploy password

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.