Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by nilesh patankar <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/07 16:34:37 UTC

Tomcat Connection Problem

Hi,
I have a serious problem, sometimes my JSPs stop
getting rendered while static pages are working fine.
I am using Apache 1.3.20 with Tomcat 3.2.2 on Linux
Kernel 2.4.2-2 for a production server. When I
encountered the problem for the first time I thought
that it was the java heap problem so now I am starting
Tomcat with JVM parameters 96MB initial heap size and
256MB max size. Things were working fine for a while
but it again happened, now I am constantly monitoring
my application. My server has 512MB RAM which seems OK
for the hosted application. But even with a small load
this error happened. My static pages keep getting
served properly but JSPs don't get rendered at all and
after a restart things get fine again. When I examined
the mod_jk.log the following errors appear when the
JSPs stopped getting served. Please help me with some
solution whereby I don't have to keep monitoring and
restarting apache and tomcat whenever such errors
occur, I am always restarting apache after a tomcat
restart which was mentioned in one of the mailing
lists as a possible reason for the problem. Till now I
am not even sure if this is a JVM problem or what???
Excerpt from mod_jk.log :

[jk_ajp13_worker.c (325)]: Error
ajp13_process_callback - write failed
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (203)]: connection_tcp_get_message:
Error - jk_tcp_socket_recvfull failed
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (621)]: Error reading request
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (203)]: connection_tcp_get_message:
Error - jk_tcp_socket_recvfull failed
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (621)]: Error reading request
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (203)]: connection_tcp_get_message:
Error - jk_tcp_socket_recvfull failed
[jk_ajp13_worker.c (621)]: Error reading request

Thanking you in anticipation.

Nilesh

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/