Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com> on 2006/01/11 03:39:13 UTC

Proposed new components for sandbox/tomahawk

Hi All,

I've developed a couple of small but useful bits of JSF-related code as
part of a project for my current client, Obsidium Ltd. As seen below,
Obsidium have kindly allowed this code to be donated to the MyFaces
project if it's wanted.

I'll create JIRA issues for each of these pieces separately; this email
is just to get the official confirmation from Obsidium into the public
record.

To summarize:
  * o:stackPage - fixes the out-of-order problem when using Tiles
    (requires a change to ServletFacesContextImpl or DummyFormUtils)
  * o:autoActivate can be wrapped around other components to cause
    a submit of the page to occur when client-side change occurs to
    the associated HTML component.
  * Enhancement to t:dataTable to allow dynamic reordering of columns

Regards,

Simon

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I have no possibility to check CCLAs myself, only the ICLAs.
I will post a proposal to the board to provide a list of all CCLAs as well.
Manfred

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
We are not talking about an ICLA, but about a CCLA here, I guess.

regards,

Martin

On 1/12/06, Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> > Obsidium has filled out a corporate CLA. It was mailed to Apache in
> > September last year. I have no idea about where I would look to confirm
> > it's been received. I did email Jim (Apache Foundation secretary) to
> > ask, but got no response.
>
> Jim's Apache site contains a link to all committers, also it lists
> pepole who signed a CLA, but are not committers. Perhaps you see one
> of the Obsidium guys here.
> (looked for Colin Young, not found)
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html#unlistedclas
>
> Or maybe Ted Husted can double check that recived CLA by Obsidium
>
> -Matthias
>

> > I don't wish to ask anyone here to complete further documentation for
> > this very small piece of code. If what has been done so far is not
> > enough, I'll probably just drop the idea (though I would still be happy
> > to describe the concepts to anyone who wants to do a clean
> > reimplementation). There are no patentable concepts here, just a little
> > copyright which Obsidium are happy to grant as shown below.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Simon
> >
> > Martin Marinschek wrote:
> > > Well, the question is at what point it is just a normal commit (or
> > > "was developed in our source control system") of one of our committers
> > > - and at what point it is a donation which need's IP clearance.
> > >
> > > I totally agree with staying on the safe side here and filling out an
> > > ip-clearance document if you feel that's necessary.
> > >
> > > regards,
> > >
> > > Martin

> --
> Matthias Wessendorf
> Zülpicher Wall 12, 239
> 50674 Köln
> http://www.wessendorf.net
> mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: Proposed new components for sandbox/tomahawk

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@obsidium.com>.
Hi,