Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by John Morrison <jo...@experian.com> on 2000/01/25 10:01:25 UTC

Cocoon Architecture [was Re: [Moving on] SAX vs. DOM part II] -Reply

> designing a DTD is not easier than designing an API.

Just to add my 2p worth, a DTD _is_ an API.  It defines how the
data/object is accessed and iterfaces are the glue in all good OO
projects.  So, IMHO, a DTD is the first thing that should be written and the
last thing to change.

Re: Cocoon Architecture [was Re: [Moving on] SAX vs. DOM part II]-Reply

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
John Morrison wrote:

> > designing a DTD is not easier than designing an API.
>
> Just to add my 2p worth, a DTD _is_ an API.  It defines how the
> data/object is accessed and iterfaces are the glue in all good OO
> projects.  So, IMHO, a DTD is the first thing that should be written and the
> last thing to change.

Totally agreed. A DTD and an API are the same thing: an interface
between two worlds, a contract between two actors.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.