Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Becky Gibson <gi...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/09 22:58:40 UTC

Handling Device side api name changes

Some of the device apis have different names in the unified JS code from
the names currently used in iOS.  I have been leaving the old apis with a
Deprecated message and having them call the new apis.  Is this what we
want?  How long will we deprecate these for?

-becky

Re: Handling Device side api name changes

Posted by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com>.
Android does a similar thing with native methods being phased out.

I am pretty sure there has been no hard decision on when to phase out /
how long to keep the deprecation notice.