Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Vincent Tence <Vi...@gemplus.com> on 2002/09/06 23:42:36 UTC

DataSourceComponent extending Configurable

Hi Berin,

Any special reason why DataSourceComponent extends Configurable - rather
than JdbcDataSource implementing Configurable?
I came accross that when implementing a mockobject DataSourceComponent.

Vincent

RE: DataSourceComponent extending Configurable

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
It shouldn't.  The contract with the Component's interface
is that the interface is all inclusive.  No lifecycle methods
should be part of it.

Posted by Vincent Tence <Vi...@gemplus.com>.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.