Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Bertrand, Shawn R" <sh...@tycoelectronics.com> on 2007/10/09 20:38:19 UTC

[Trinidad] pageFlowScope and request parameter handling

Our main application page features a tr:table, and users can modify the
details of each entry in that table using dialogs displayed via the
dialog framework.  Here is the app flow:

1.	A row in the table is selected
2.	The modify button is clicked and a dialog displays with that
entry's details
3.	The OK button in the dialog is pressed
4.	The OK button's actionListener determines if a confirmation is
needed from user to continue to accept the changes or to leave the
detail dialog open for further changes
5.	If the confirmation needs to be displayed, a dialog is either
displayed via a navigation rule action or via the launchDialog API
6.	If the user agrees to the confirmation, we need to process some
HttpServletRequest parameters from the original request (the OK submit
from the detail dialog) since we have some straight HTML inputs on the
dialog that need processing

At this point, do I have access to the original request parameters?  Can
I use pageFlowScope for this?  I figure this sort of flow is pretty
standard in applications (with the exception of request parameter
parsing), so there must be a way to achieve this.

Thanks in advance for your clarification/suggestions,

Shawn Bertrand

Tyco Electronics Corporation