Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2002/03/22 18:55:06 UTC

new form handling

Hi, guys,

I have now put my current work regarding the form handling stuff into
scratchpad. Anyone interested in helping should read the README first.

Don't expect too much yet :)

Any comments are welcome...

cheers
--
Torsten

Sampling samples

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
As you all have surely seen, there is a refactoring overway of the samples.

As part of it, there is are two new builds, for-dummies build targets:

build installwar
build installscratchpadwar

The second one also automatically copies the direstories in the
src/scratchpad/webapp/samples dir in the Cocoon war, thus making them
available.

As an example, take a look at the castor Transformer sample.

PS: You think that  "installscratchpadwar" is too long?
       It's long on purpose, so users have a chance to think before using
it.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: new form handling

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
From: "Torsten Curdt" <tc...@dff.st>

> On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
> > From: "Torsten Curdt" <tc...@dff.st>
> >
> > > Hi, guys,
> > >
> > > I have now put my current work regarding the form handling stuff into
> > > scratchpad. Anyone interested in helping should read the README first.
> >
> > I have delayed committing the stuff from Ivelin Ivanov till the 2.0.2
> > release, because of the code freeze.
> >
> > Does code freeze apply to scratchpad as well?
>
> Hm... I thought this does not apply to the scratchpad... as long as it
> compiles... this shouldn't matter for the release.

Ok.

Anyway, I leave this patch (well, the new version) to others, since I have
difficulty in following all the changes.

Maybe you could put it in, if you agree.

Thanks :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

RE: new form handling

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Torsten Curdt wrote

> On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
> > From: "Torsten Curdt" <tc...@dff.st>
> >
> > > Hi, guys,
> > >
> > > I have now put my current work regarding the form handling stuff into
> > > scratchpad. Anyone interested in helping should read the README first.
> >
> > I have delayed committing the stuff from Ivelin Ivanov till the 2.0.2
> > release, because of the code freeze.
> >
> > Does code freeze apply to scratchpad as well?
>
> Hm... I thought this does not apply to the scratchpad... as long as it
> compiles... this shouldn't matter for the release.

Yupp, you can change as long as it compiles.
But for making the release without problems it is better to not check-in
anything todayas  I grep the source at sometime from the cvs make the
release and test it. Everything checked-in after this is not in the
release of course.

Carsten

Re: new form handling

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.