Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> on 2006/12/07 14:50:33 UTC

Re: uima website updated, please review index-draft.html

> Adam Lally wrote:
>> On 11/20/06, Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> wrote:
>>> I like your draft, especially the "News" section on the first page, but
>>> I don't like to scroll here.
>>> So I would suggest to shorten the "What is UIMA" paragraphs to see
>>> immediately the news section and what happens lately.
>>
>> How about splitting this into two pages?
>>
>> The Home Page should lead with the "Unstructured Information
>> Management applications are software systems that analyze large
>> volumes of unstructured information..." paragraph, and then give the
>> News and Incubator Disclaimer.  Another page named "About UIMA" or
>> something like that could have all the other details.
What is the current status here. Do we agree on the suggestion above? I
think it will be good if we could have a
News section on the first site containing the two latest News with a
link on a separate News site containing some more details and a short
history.

-- Michael

Re: uima website updated, please review index-draft.html

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Adam Lally wrote:
> I still agree with my own suggestion. ;)  Given the lack of objections
> from anyone, if you have the bandwidth I'd suggest you draft something
> and let us review.
I added the news section to the website, feel free to comment or add
some news.

-- Michael

Re: uima website updated, please review index-draft.html

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 12/7/06, Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> wrote:
> > Adam Lally wrote:
> >>
> >> How about splitting this into two pages?
> >>
> >> The Home Page should lead with the "Unstructured Information
> >> Management applications are software systems that analyze large
> >> volumes of unstructured information..." paragraph, and then give the
> >> News and Incubator Disclaimer.  Another page named "About UIMA" or
> >> something like that could have all the other details.
> What is the current status here. Do we agree on the suggestion above? I
> think it will be good if we could have a
> News section on the first site containing the two latest News with a
> link on a separate News site containing some more details and a short
> history.

I still agree with my own suggestion. ;)  Given the lack of objections
from anyone, if you have the bandwidth I'd suggest you draft something
and let us review.

-Adam