Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org> on 2014/10/14 12:41:35 UTC

[Announce] Apache Stratos Service Grouping Developer Preview - 2 is Ready

Hi Devs,

Apache Stratos Service Grouping Developer Preview - 2 is now ready. This is
a snapshot of the ongoing work to support Composite Applications (Service
Grouping).

*Supported Functionalities:*

   1.

   Rest API support for Deploying and Undeploying Group Definitions /
   nested Group Definitions
   2.

   Rest API support for Deploying and Undeploying Application Definition
   3. Starting up the Instances according to the Dependency Order
   4. Meta Data Service to share dependency information between instances
   5. Hierarchical Locking for Topology structure

*Source Code:*
The development is currently happening in a separate branch,
*4.0.0-grouping*, and will be merged back to master branch in due course.
Find the tag *grouping-developer-preview-2  *marking the completion of
4.2.0 Developer Preview - 2 work.

Fetching the Source Code:

>git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/stratos.git
>cd stratos
>git checkout -b 4.0.0-grouping origin/4.0.0-grouping
>git checkout tags/grouping-developer-preview-2

Build the source fetched as described above and build it from the root
stratos folder. After the build is completed, find the Stratos single JVM
binary file at the location
<SOURCE_HOME>/products/stratos/modules/distribution/target/apache-stratos-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip.

The getting started guide is attached herewith.

Please report any issues you may find in our Jira :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS

--
Thanks and Regards,

Apache Stratos Team