Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com> on 2006/05/25 21:51:18 UTC

maven-proxy for m1: 400 response

I'm trying to get maven proxy to work, but am seeing this:

    Attempting to download junit-3.8.2.jar.
    Error retrieving artifact from [http://my.url/repository]:
org.apache.maven.wagon.TransferFailedExc
eption: Failed to trasfer file:
http://my.url/repository//junit/jars/junit-3.8.2.jar. Return code is: 400

400 Bad Request: The request could not be understood by the server due to
malformed syntax.

Notice the double slashes after the context name.  This is my remote repo
setting (note no end slash):
maven.repo.remote=http://my.url/repository

Could this double slash cause the problem?  Is the maven proxy sensitive to
double slashes?  I tested Maven going directly to repos such as ibiblio, and
the trailing slash has no effect.

Does the maven proxy add these slashes?  The props file comment says it adds
one, but then where is the second one coming from?

Possibly is this an issue of m1 vs m2, and it works from m2?

Also, I see no messages in the Tomcat logs.