Posted to dev@openaz.apache.org by "DRAGOSH, PAMELA L (PAM)" <pd...@research.att.com> on 2015/04/23 16:18:59 UTC

sentry incubator project

Does anyone know about this project?

https://sentry.incubator.apache.org/

It seems that they are replicating our work or possibly they could utilize the openaz project in their work.

Pam

Re: sentry incubator project

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Apache CXF also has a PEP to allow authorization of web service calls to a
PDP. CXF just provides a PDP interface and allows the user to plug in
whatever backend they want. Here's a system test that uses a mock PDP
implementation to authorize a web service invocation, where user roles are
extracted from a SAML token included in the request (look for
"testSaml2PEP"):

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cxf.git;a=blob;f=systests/ws-security/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/ws/saml/SamlTokenTest.java;h=36bc3412436bb6a259cdd81bf13a6974dd6691fe;hb=HEAD

Colm.

--