Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rodrigo Barreiros <ba...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/05 21:19:41 UTC

[Shale] Validation...

Hi,

I need use client-side validation in my application. I am using Shale
Validator (shale-core-1.0.2) with Myfaces 1.1.1. The validation works fine,
but messages appears encoded in wrong way.
For example, for message (in portuguese):

errors.required={0} ? um campo obrigat?rio.

Appears: "Nome &#233; um campo obrigat&#243;rio." in alert window.

The same happens using corejsf-validator tag.

Any suggests?

Thanks, Rodrigo

Re: [Shale] Validation...

Posted by Rodrigo Barreiros <ba...@gmail.com>.
For example, for message (in portuguese):

errors.required={0} ? um campo obrigat?rio.

Should appear: "Nome ? um campo obrigat?rio." in alert window, but appears:

Re: [Shale] Validation...

Posted by Rodrigo Barreiros <ba...@gmail.com>.
Craig,

I already tried to encode the file as you sad. Didn't work. Page encoding is
correct.

Rodrigo

Re: [Shale] Validation...

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 7/5/06, Rodrigo Barreiros <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need use client-side validation in my application. I am using Shale
> Validator (shale-core-1.0.2) with Myfaces 1.1.1. The validation works
> fine,
> but messages appears encoded in wrong way.
> For example, for message (in portuguese):
>
> errors.required={0} ? um campo obrigat?rio.
>
> Appears: "Nome &#233; um campo obrigat&#243;rio." in alert window.
>
> The same happens using corejsf-validator tag.
>
> Any suggests?

One thing to double check is to review how you created your properties
file.  After creating such a file, you need to run the "native2ascii"
command line tool to do the encoding on it.

Another issue might be the character encoding on your JSP page itself.  Be
sure you've set the encoding to UTF-8, using something like either:

    <@page pageEncoding="UTF-8" %>

or

    <@page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" %>

Thanks, Rodrigo