Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com> on 2003/04/01 20:06:32 UTC

[sslExt] Switching from HTTPS to HTTP and avoiding the "You are about to be redirected to a connection."

I'm using Struts1.1rc1 and sslExtRC1-2. BTW, thanks to
Steve for this package.

There is one caveat however...

If you submit a request to the server via HTTPS
and that request is redirected to HTTP before returning
to the client (server side code does a Response.sendRedirect() switching
the protocol from HTTPS to HTTP), then IE and NS7.x  display a pop-up
security alert.

I have found a work around to be to redirect to a page with
embedded logic to determine where to send the user and then
use the <meta HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="0; url=<%=destination%>"> to
redirect the user to the appropriate destination.

I don't currently see how the sslExt addresses this issue.

If it does, can someone please let me know how.

robert