Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@iktek.com> on 2006/09/03 22:20:10 UTC

[ADS 2.0] (was : Re: svn commit: r439770 - /directory/sandbox/akarasulu/apacheds-2.0/shared/ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/name/LdapDN.java)

Ersin Er a écrit :

> Yes, I understood you intent. But I think LdapDN can also be an
> interface extending Name. So we can clearly see what it adds to Name.

LdapDN is and will continue to implement Name. But as it will become an
interface, it will 'extends' - instead of 'implement' - Name interface :)

Re: [ADS 2.0] (was : Re: svn commit: r439770 - /directory/sandbox/akarasulu/apacheds-2.0/shared/ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/name/LdapDN.java)

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
My preferences:

interface LdapDN extends Name
class BasicLdapDN implements LdapDN
class ServerLdapDN implements LdapDN

BTW, what is the difference between client (basic) and server versions
? If they have different functionality we can design interfaces for
them too :-D

And I think we need to design most parts of the system with first
interfaces only.

Cheers,

--
Ersin