Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Stefan Burkard <sb...@previon.ch> on 2004/08/04 21:27:02 UTC

new doctype and lenya-metadata

hi lenya-users

i've created a new doctype in my lenya-publication. i've done this with
the relax-ng-schema for simple-docbook.

this works fine but my new documents have two problems:

the first one is the lack of metadata - i think because the lenya- and
dc-namespaces are not in the schema.
what's the best way to integrate these lenya-specific namespaces into a
3rd-party out-of-the-box-schema?
and what exactly to i need to add to the schema? surely the
xmlns-declarations in the roottag - anything else?

the second one is that the authoting-page appears blank for my
documents. if i switch to the one-form-box-editing, the whole
article-xml appears in the box, but in other authoring-modes nothing
appears... whats wrong?

thanks and greetings
stefan

Re: new doctype and lenya-metadata

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Stefan Burkard wrote:

> hi lenya-users
>
> i've created a new doctype in my lenya-publication. i've done this with
> the relax-ng-schema for simple-docbook.
>
> this works fine but my new documents have two problems:
>
> the first one is the lack of metadata - i think because the lenya- and
> dc-namespaces are not in the schema.
> what's the best way to integrate these lenya-specific namespaces into a
> 3rd-party out-of-the-box-schema?
> and what exactly to i need to add to the schema? surely the
> xmlns-declarations in the roottag - anything else?

The default publication does exactly the same thing with the XHTML
RNG schema:

config/doctypes/schemas
                        /dublincore/*  <-- dublincore schema
                        /xhtml/*       <-- original XHTML schema
                        /lenya.rng     <-- Lenya elements
                        /xhtml.rng     <-- putting all together for the
                                           xhtml doctype

So in your case you could have the following structure
(maybe replace docbook by simple-docbook)

                        /dublincore/*  <-- dublincore schema
                        /docbook/*     <-- original docbook schema
                        /lenya.rng     <-- Lenya elements
                        /docbook.rng   <-- putting all together for the
                                           docbook doctype

> the second one is that the authoting-page appears blank for my
> documents. if i switch to the one-form-box-editing, the whole
> article-xml appears in the box, but in other authoring-modes nothing
> appears... whats wrong?

Do you mean nothing appears in the normal website authoring
view? Or is only the content empty (navigation appears)?

Maybe your docbook2xhtml.xsl does not produce the correct
output.

Make sure that you

- produce XHTML in the correct namespace
- produce a <div id="body">...</div> document

HTH,
-- Andreas