Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by "Junker, Gregory" <gr...@intel.com> on 2018/09/06 16:36:14 UTC

Install target missing for CMake builds

Hi

I am trying to build Mesos on Linux (Ubuntu 18.04) using CMake (Makefile generator) and following the instructions on the site (http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/cmake/), but I am not seeing an "install" target generated. This is true for both master as well as 1.6.1. Additionally, and possibly related, building the "package" target creates a 54-byte .Z file (empty, in other words). The artifacts are compiled and linked and all exist in the "src" directory under my build root, but both "cmake --build . --target install" and "make install" complain that there is no "install" target. "cmake --build . --target help" verifies this.

Am I missing something obvious? I can't be the only one having this problem?

Greg

Re: Install target missing for CMake builds

Posted by "Junker, Gregory" <gr...@intel.com>.
Is this work underway or are you accepting patches for it?

On Thu, 2018-09-06 at 14:11 -0700, Joseph Wu wrote:
We have not (yet) implemented the install target for the CMake build.  The target does exist if you use the automake build however.

Posted by Joseph Wu <jo...@mesosphere.io>.