Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by hu...@live.com on 2014/06/16 04:41:25 UTC

Use Kafka To Send Files

Hi     Sometimes we want use kafka to send files(like textfile,xml...), but I didn't see this in documention.
     Can kafka use to tansfer files? If can ,how can I do
    Thanks

Re: Use Kafka To Send Files

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
We have seen people sending files with tens of MB size like messages (i.e.
one file as a single message) using Kafka.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: Use Kafka To Send Files

Posted by Steve Morin <st...@gmail.com>.
You also wouldn't have any meta data about the file so I would avoid doing this.

Re: Use Kafka To Send Files

Posted by Mark Roberts <wi...@gmail.com>.