Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Anthony Fox <an...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/01 17:28:03 UTC

Changing behavior of contrib:Table's paging links

I am interested in changing the behavior of the paging links generated
by the contrib:Table component.  Specifically, I want the paging links
at the top of the table to call a javascript method rather than the
default behavior.  Can the Block component do this?  Are there any
examples that change the default behavior of the paging links?  I have
looked at TapestryTables but those examples all have to do with
changing the behavior of the columns.

Thanks,
Anthony

Re: Changing behavior of contrib:Table's paging links

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Mind Bridge wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Please implement your own version of the TablePages component that does what
>you need (you can use the standard TablePages as a reference, simply change
>its template).

The posibilities for customization are really endless in this Table
components!
Well done Mind ( i do like) Bridge ! You were the original author, correct?
Anyway, as the Mind says, just create your own Table and include your own
TablePages...It's easier done than said.
I describe my own solution at http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Finally, I remember that (in a previous thread 3-4 months ago) someone
had also included
XML,CSV,EXCEL exporting in their own custom Table.
So, Anthony, have fun!

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Please implement your own version of the TablePages component that does what
you need (you can use the standard TablePages as a reference, simply change
its template).

You can then use the lower level Table components (such as TableView)
instead of Table. I believe there is a similar example in TapestryTables
towards the end of that tutorial...

For reference, the Table template is:

You could use something similar instead of Table in your code.