Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Kelly Chen <ke...@tumbleweed.com> on 2002/12/04 02:06:10 UTC

[Jelly]Message tag for load string messages from resource

Hi:

I searched Jelly tag reference, I couldn't find a tag that is similiar
to <struts-bean:message> tag which can load resource strings based on
 an id and locale. It can be very useful for using Jelly as a templating
system that can be internationalized.

In order to avoid duplicated work, I just wonder if it already exists
and I simply missed it. Or is there a plan to add it in the future?

Thanks.

--
Kelly Chen                       Tumbleweed Communication Corp.

Re: [Jelly]Message tag for load string messages from resource

Posted by saimon <sa...@yahoo.co.uk>.
I just thought about this over in Mavenville and was just about to go
ahead and implement it out of curiosity when I saw this thread.

If someone else is working on it already then I'll cease and desist ;)

Saimon

Posted by Kelly Chen <ke...@tumbleweed.com>.
Sounds good.

James Strachan wrote:

>From: "Kelly Chen" <ke...@tumbleweed.com>
>
>>Hi:
>>
>>I searched Jelly tag reference, I couldn't find a tag that is similiar
>>to <struts-bean:message> tag which can load resource strings based on
>> an id and locale. It can be very useful for using Jelly as a templating
>>system that can be internationalized.
>>
>>In order to avoid duplicated work, I just wonder if it already exists
>>and I simply missed it. Or is there a plan to add it in the future?
>>

>AFAIK noone's attempted anything like this yet but it sounds like a good
>idea.
>
>Maybe implementing something like the i18n tags in JSTL might be nice idea?
>
>James
>-------
>http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Kelly Chen                       Tumbleweed Communication Corp.
T:650-216-2043                   700 Saginaw Drive
F:650-216-2565                   Redwood City, CA 94063

Re: [Jelly]Message tag for load string messages from resource

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
From: "Kelly Chen" <ke...@tumbleweed.com>