Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2004/06/18 14:03:53 UTC

Re: Docs-new and Code freeze

Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Hello group,
>
> since we droped (or will) the code freeze, can I check in
> src/documentation?

sure. i assume you'll cvs rm docs-new at the same time?

> It is a standard forrest pub structure so far! It contains everything
> that is needed to deploy our website.
> I will provide a build.xml within src/documentation to not screw up the
> other ant targets!

sounds good. does it use the lenya skin?

> I started to refactor and restructure the documentation, this I will not
> yet checkin, because I would like to wait for SVN experimental branche
> for that!
>
> ...or should I check it in under src/documentation_doc?

-1

i didn't recall a vote to restructure the docs. docs_new was already a
refactoring of docs, btw. i personally don't believe that restructuring
solves the documentation problem (not enough content)

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: Docs-new and Code freeze

Posted by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>> Hello group,
>>
>> since we droped (or will) the code freeze, can I check in
>> src/documentation?
>

> sure. i assume you'll cvs rm docs-new at the same time?

Should I -> that would be a big change to 1.2 IMO.

>> It is a standard forrest pub structure so far! It contains everything
>> that is needed to deploy our website.
>> I will provide a build.xml within src/documentation to not screw up
>> the other ant targets!
>

> sounds good. does it use the lenya skin?

Jupp, I mentioned that in some other mails that I wrote before ;-)

>> I started to refactor and restructure the documentation, this I will
>> not yet checkin, because I would like to wait for SVN experimental
>> branche for that!
>>
>> ...or should I check it in under src/documentation_doc?
>

> -1
>
> i didn't recall a vote to restructure the docs. docs_new was already a
> refactoring of docs, btw. i personally don't believe that restructuring
> solves the documentation problem (not enough content)

That is the reason why I started to refactor it! I am writing the bits,
that now are missing! Due to the fact that I do not want (and can) write
all the docu by myself I want to check in that parts!

thorsten

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>

<@c...@cocoon-WIKI>
  <http>http://www.target-x.de</http>
  <motto>
	"My task which I am trying to achieve is,
	by the power of the written word,
	[...] to make you see."
	*Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>