Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kent Schmidt <Ke...@paxonix.com> on 2006/11/22 15:14:24 UTC

How to Configure SOAP Response to Web Service Call?

How do I define the format of the SOAP response to the incoming web
service call? I determined how to use WSDL and services.xml to correctly
define the format of the incoming message, but the outgoing response has
several elements I didn't ask for. My Axis2/AXIOM web service looks like
this

    public static synchronized OMElement response( final OMElement
pRequest )

    {

        // do some processing on pRequest

        OMElement soapResponse = null ;

        MyKindOfObject myResponseObject = new MyKindOfObject() ;

        jaxbContext = ... ;

        SAXOMBuilder builder = new SAXOMBuilder();

        Marshaller marshaller = jaxbContext.createMarshaller();

        marshaller.marshal( myResponseObject, builder );

        soapResponse = builder.getRootElement();

        return soapResponse;

    }

The SOAP response I get back is:

<soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

  <soapenv:Header/>

  <soapenv:Body>

    <ns:paxintegrationResponse
xmlns:ns="http://services.paxonix.com/integration

Server">

      <return>

        <paxintegration:paxintegrationresults
xmlns:paxintegration="http://servi

ces.paxonix.com/integrationServer">

            <paxintegration:status>

              <paxintegration:statuscode>001</paxintegration:statuscode>

            </paxintegration:status>

        </paxintegration:paxintegrationresults>

      </return>

    </ns:paxintegrationResponse>

  </soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

The basic format of the SOAP response is correct, but there are
extraneous elements <paxintegrationResponse> and <return>; where are
they coming from and how do I remove them?

Thanks!

Kent Schmidt

Paxonix, Inc.

Re: How to Configure SOAP Response to Web Service Call?

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
May b its defined in the schema of the wsdl. It would be easy to look into
this if you can attach your wsdl.

Thanks,
Keith

Posted by Kinichiro Inoguchi <in...@yahoo.com>.
Hi

Do you use RPCMessageReceiver ?

If you need to create SOAP body as you like,
how about using RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver.

kinichiro