Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2009/03/13 07:56:10 UTC

Moving ecommerce to specialpurpose

This was discussed a while back around the time that specialpurpose
was introduce, and pos and other things were moved there, but we
decided on not doing it at the time because of concerns about non-
backward-compatible impact.

Since we are getting ready to do a release branch, probably in a
couple of weeks, now might be a good time for it.

The probably impact will be for anything that refers to "applications/
ecommerce", and that will have to change to "specialpurpose/
ecommerce". That includes patches, custom code, etc. Most things that
treat ecommerce just like any other component (especially using the
component://ecommerce/... syntax) will not be affected by this.

Unless there are major objections I'll plan on doing this sometime in
the next couple of days.

-David

Re: Moving ecommerce to specialpurpose

Posted by guo weizhan <gu...@gmail.com>.