Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by revathy arun <re...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/16 13:18:36 UTC

Distributed search

Hi,

Can we use multicore to have several indexes per webapp and use distributed
search to merge the indexes?

for exampe if we have 3 cores -core0 ,core1 and core2 for 3 different
languages and to search across all the 3 indexes
use the shard parameter as
shard=localhost:8080/solr/core0,localhost:8080/solr/core1,localhost:8080/solr/core2

Regards
Sujatha

Re: Distributed search

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: for exampe if we have 3 cores -core0 ,core1 and core2 for 3 different
: languages and to search across all the 3 indexes
: use the shard parameter as
: shard=localhost:8080/solr/core0,localhost:8080/solr/core1,localhost:8080/solr/core2

Distributed search requires that all of the shards have "compatible"
schemas ... some shards can have more or less fields then other shards,
but only if those fields don't get used as part of the distributed
request.

so while you could do something like this, it won't neccessarily work the
way you want it if those 3 cores have differnet schemas.

-Hoss

Re: Distributed search

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Gargate, Siddharth <sg...@ptc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>        I am trying distributed search and multicore but not able to fire a
> query. I tried
>
> http://localhost:8080/solr/select/?shards=localhost:8080/solr/core0,localhost:8080/solr/core1&q=solr
> I am getting following error: "Missing solr core name in path".
>
> Should I use particular core to fire distributed search?

Yes you should fire the request to an existing core.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

RE: Distributed search

That should work, yes, though it may not be a wise thing to do performance-wise, if the number of CPU cores that solr server has is lower than the number of Solr cores.

Otis --

Re: Distributed search

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,