Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by albert_newton <my...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/15 22:53:19 UTC

How to increase the JMeter heap size without modifying the jmeter.bat file?

I am trying to increase the JMeter heap size to get rid of the error
'java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space'. I know that it can be increased
in the jmeter.bat file by setting the following properties to a higher
desired number:

set HEAP=-Xms256m -Xmx512m
set PERM=-XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

But we are wanting to be able to set it differently ( maybe through
system.properties or jmeter.properties or something else?), so that we don't
have to modify the jmeter.bat file everytime a new version comes out (we are
basically automating the installation of JMeter in our application), and we
are trying to just override the heap size property a different way without
tinkering with the jmeter.bat file.

Does anyone have an idea of how this can be achieved?

Re: How to increase the JMeter heap size without modifying the jmeter.bat file?

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Its the same problem though - you miss any updates the JMeter team may make
to this file -
you need the ability to override values which seems to be a generic
enhancement to make

Posted by Tim Koopmans <ti...@flood.io>.

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.