Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/01 00:01:32 UTC

Re: Website issues

Thanks for the heads up. Could you enter a Jira entry for these (best
with patch file)?

Re: Website issues

Posted by karafman <mv...@comcast.net>.
Made KARAF-493 and patched.  Here are the patch-notes:

Modified the following files to fix broken links (the first and last links
now both point to the RElease notes/download pages for the respective
releases). Removed the "title" attribute as these pages are being aggregated
into other pages whose "title" attributes were being overridden by these
pages:
	webapp/index/community/news/news-2010-07-23
	webapp/index/community/news/news-2010-09-24
	webapp/index/community/news/news-2010-11-14
	webapp/index/community/news/news-2010-11-25
	webapp/index/community/news/news-2011-01-11
	webapp/index/community/news/news-2011-02-15
	webapp/index/community/news/news-2010-02-28

These changes fixed the "news" portion of the main index page, but
unfortunatly broke the "News" page. This does appear to be an issue with the
relative path being used by Scalate.  To make sure the user doesn't have a
problem with this, I've removed the "More News" link from the bottom of the
index.html page.

Removed the title attributes of the following pages:
	webapp/snippets/karaf-features.page
	webapp/snippets/karaf-overview.page

Modified webapp/index.page, changed the title to "Karaf 2.2.0"

Modified webapp/WEB-INF/scalate/layouts:
	description now is "Karaf - A lightweight OSGi based runtime"
	keywords now is "OSGi,felix,karaf,camel,java"

We should consider removing the "title" attribute from any page that is only
	aggregated into other pages.

Finally, tested the site for broken links and unforeseen changes, and it all
looks good.

-----

Re: Website issues

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
I know that there is some issue with tagging on the site -- news items
are relative path, so they break depending on where viewed from... i
think that may be resolved in a newer version of scalate.