Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "Wang, Yuesong" <yw...@fedcsc.com> on 2008/02/14 16:09:18 UTC

Is serialVersionUID really required?

Hi,

In theory, all Serializable classes should have a serialVersionUID, but
to provide one to every annonymous inner class used everywhere in a
Wicket app is just too much. So I decided to turn off that warning in
Eclipse, and not to use serialVersionUID any more, but what is the
implication? For example, will I run into any problem during
deployment/undeployment? What about clustering?

Thanks,

Yuesong

Re: Is serialVersionUID really required?

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
if you redeploy a new version
where you did some changes in components that would now generate another id
then the sessions that are on disk cant be loaded anymore
so you loose your sessions

if you had an id. And you dont change it because you want to be able to
deserialize
because you dont added a field or what ever and you know that the
deseralized object
works perfectly with the new object then it can be loaded in and you wont
loose sessions

johan

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
not that importand