Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Massimiliano Giraldo <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/17 10:16:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache, Jboss and mod_jk

Hello!

I'm trying to find the solution of my problems in Nabble, but my search
isn't good.

I'm working with Jboss 4.2.3.GA, Apache 2.2.9 and mod_jk, everything working
on Fedora 8.
I would like to create a cluster of two computers and a loadbalancer based
on Apache.

I had no problems creating the cluster: my computers communicate and share
applications.

I installed Apache and it works, showing the Test Page.

Then I tried to configure the web server with mod_jk. I downloaded the
binary version of mod_jk and I followed the guide that I found on
http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Clustering_Guide/beta500/html_single/index.html#clustering-http-modjk

The only thing that I modified on configuration was the names of nodes in
workers.properties (I wrote the ip address of each node).

Therefore, after the configuration, I started Jboss on both machines, then
Apache (which is on one of two computers), then I tried to access to my
application, deployed on both Jboss instances, following the link
http://<ip-address>/application/<name-of-application>

What I see on my browser is a "404 not found" error, because Apache looks
for the application in /var/www/html/<name-of-application>

The same thing happens if I try to access to jmx-console of JBoss.

What I think is that the module mod_jk is not loaded and not working
correctly (in the log folder, mod-jk.log does not appear!)

I even tried to compile the sources of mod_jk and use this version of
module, but it doesn't work and it gives me the same error!

Any comments to help me?

Thanks guys!

-----
http://www.pcguide.netsons.org http://www.pcguide.netsons.org

Re: [users@httpd] Apache, Jboss and mod_jk

Posted by Massimiliano Giraldo <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ciao Davide!

My application works on JBoss.
It's a html page which invokes a servlet.
If I try my application visiting http://<ip-address>:8080/<my-application>,
it works!

apachectl configtest returns "Syntax OK" and in error_log file, i can find
only the error "File does not exist", because Apache looks for my
application in /var/www/html, instead forwarding the request to JBoss.

Max

-----

Posted by Massimiliano Giraldo <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I found what's wrong!

Following what André said, I looked for other file called "httpd.conf" in my
computer and I found some files under the folder /etc/httpd.

Here there aren't all the files of Apache, but there is the httpd.conf which
is working with Apache.
So I need to modify this file, first of all!

Therefore, my question is: is it normal this way of distributing the
configuration file in different folders?
Why not connecting Apache with the httpd.conf that you can find in the
Apache folder (/usr/apache2/conf)?

I'm sorry if these questions are maybe trivial, but I try to understand! =)

Thanks

Max

Posted by Massimiliano Giraldo <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi André

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by Massimiliano Giraldo <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello André

-----

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by Davide Bianchi <da...@onlyforfun.net>.

Posted by Massimiliano Giraldo <ma...@gmail.com>.
I already do it in my "mod-jk.conf" file.

I have a line like this:
JkMount /application/* loadbalancer

But it doesn't work!
:confused: