Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Valerij Fichtner <va...@msg-gillardon.de> on 2010/03/03 12:55:11 UTC

migrate an ant project to maven

Hi Maven users,

we have a project with ant build script that we want to migrate to maven.
This project contains of "backend_core" and "frontend_core" modules, there
are also variants for each customer. so "customer_backend" and
"customer_frontend",
these variants contain source code, that could be new or replacement for
the source code in core modules. How can i build that kind of project? If
i have a class twice in core and customer module, then
i get compilation failure with duplicate class error.

regards,
Valerij

Re: migrate an ant project to maven

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> these variants contain source code, that could be new or replacement for
> the source code in core modules. How can i build that kind of project? If

New code should be ok, but replacement code should not be allowed in
your codebase, this is just a bad practice that Ant allowed you to
implement. In those cases, extract interfaces and use DI to inject the
proper customer-specific implementation.

Wayne