Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John McCleskey <jm...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/16 15:00:01 UTC

Error starting the web server

I'm recieving the following errors when starting my Tomcat server. I'm
attempting to deploy a web application using a .WAR file and have configured
the server to run servlets. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*[jk_jni_worker.c (1028)]: Fail-> could not initialize Tomcat *

*[jk_worker.c (220)]: wc_create_worker init failed for inprocess *
*[jk_worker.c (297)]: build_worker_map failed to create workerinprocess *

John
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnmccleskey

Re: Error starting the web server

Posted by John McCleskey <jm...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, Tomcat.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by John McCleskey <jm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to everyone who helped with the deployment of this project. I was
able to install a stand-alone Apache web server on my iSeries with java 1.5.
It was not as straight-forward as I would have liked, due mainly to the poor
iSeries "how-to" documentation and my ignorance, but it is running. - John

Posted by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com>.
John:

Posted by John McCleskey <jm...@gmail.com>.
It appears that we have several JDK's loaded on our file system (up to jdk
1.5). what apache configuration files need to be modified to point to the
correct jdk? i've modified the workers.properties. any other locations I
should modify?

worker.list=inprocess

worker.inprocess.type=jni

worker.inprocess.cmd_line=-config

worker.inprocess.cmd_line=/www/webserver3/conf/server.xml

worker.inprocess.sysprops=java.version=1.5

worker.inprocess.sysprops=tomcat.home=/www/webserver3

worker.inprocess.sysprops=os400.dir.create.auth=X

worker.inprocess.sysprops=os400.file.create.auth=*NONE

worker.inprocess.stdout=/www/webserver3/logs/jvmstdout.txt

worker.inprocess.stderr=/www/webserver3/logs/jvmstderr.txt

worker.inprocess.class_path=/QIBM/ProdData/HTTPA/java/lib/webserver.jar

worker.inprocess.cmd_line=/www/webserver3/conf/server.xml

worker.inprocess.sysprops=java.version=1.5

worker.inprocess.sysprops=tomcat.home=/www/webserver3

worker.inprocess.sysprops=os400.dir.create.auth=X

worker.inprocess.sysprops=os400.file.create.auth=*NONE

worker.inprocess.stdout=/www/webserver3/logs/jvmstdout.txt

worker.inprocess.stderr=/www/webserver3/logs/jvmstderr.txt

worker.inprocess.class_path=/QIBM/ProdData/HTTPA/java/lib/webserver.jar

worker.inprocess.class_path=/QIBM/ProdData/HTTPA/java/lib/servlet.jar

worker.inprocess.class_path=/QIBM/ProdData/HTTPA/java/lib/parser.jar

worker.inprocess.class_path=/QIBM/ProdData/HTTPA/java/lib/jaxp.jar

worker.inprocess.class_path=/QIBM/ProdData/HTTPA/java/lib/jasper.jar

worker.inprocess.class_path=/QIBM/ProdData/java400/jdk15/lib/tools.jar

Posted by John McCleskey <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

> jdk is 1.3
Ouch!  You really should consider an upgrade.  What version of tomcat do
you have ... it hasn't been recommended that anyone set classpath since
tomcat 3 days.  And then it was a nightmare trying to engineer
classpaths so all the apps and tomcat were happy.  More details would be
great.

--David

Posted by John McCleskey <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by John McCleskey <jm...@gmail.com>.
Here is my httpd:

  *1* *   # Configuration originally created by Create HTTP Server wizard on
Fri Nov 13 16:08:48 CST 2009* *  2* *   LoadModule jk_module
/QSYS.LIB/QHTTPSVR.LIB/QZTCJK.SRVPGM* *  3* *   Listen 10.201.21.152:80* *
  4* *   DocumentRoot /www/webserver3/webapps/* *  5* *   Options -ExecCGI
-FollowSymLinks -SymLinksIfOwnerMatch -Includes -IncludesNoExec -Indexes
-MultiViews* *  6* *   LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined* *  7* *   LogFormat "%{Cookie}n \"%r\" %t"
cookie* *  8* *   LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent* *  9* *   LogFormat
"%{Referer}i -> %U" referer* *  10* *   LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s
%b" common* *  11* *   CustomLog logs/access_log combined* *  12* *   LogMaint
logs/access_log 7 0* *  13* *   LogMaint logs/error_log 7 0* *  14* *
 HotBackup
Off* *  15* *   AccessFileName .htaccess* *  16* *   SetEnvIf "User-Agent"
"Mozilla/2" nokeepalive* *  17* *   SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "JDK/1\.0"
force-response-1.0* *  18* *   SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "Java/1\.0"
force-response-1.0* *  19* *   SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "RealPlayer 4\.0"
force-response-1.0* *  20* *   SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "MSIE 4\.0b2;"
nokeepalive* *  21* *   SetEnvIf "User-Agent" "MSIE 4\.0b2;"
force-response-1.0* *  22* *   JkWorkersFile
/www/webserver3/conf/workers.properties* *  23* *   JkLogFile
/www/webserver3/logs/jk.log* *  24* *   JkLogLevel Error* *  25* *   JkMount
/servlet/* inprocess* *  26* *   JkMount /fp5250 inprocess* *  27* *   JkMount
/fp5250/* inprocess* *  28* *   DirectoryIndex index.html* *  29* *
<Directory
/>* *  30* *        Order Deny,Allow* *  31* *        Deny From all* *  32*
   *</Directory>* *  33* *   <Directory /www/webserver3/htdocs>* *
34* *
Order Allow,Deny* *  35* *        Allow From all* *  36*    *</Directory>*

Posted by John McCleskey <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

John McCleskey wrote:
> I'm recieving the following errors when starting my Tomcat server. I'm
> attempting to deploy a web application using a .WAR file and have configured
> the server to run servlets.
Really ? How did you do that ?