Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Gian Paolo Buono <gi...@gesca.it> on 2016/04/01 11:13:10 UTC

Re: [Migrate from Citrix CloudPlatform 4.3 to CloudStack 4.8]

Hi all,

I've follow the link in a lab, but when run the command:

nohup cloudstack-sysvmadm -d IPaddress -u cloud -p password -a > sysvm.log 2>&1 &
tail -f sysvm.log
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
ERROR: Failed to stop console proxy vm with id 1
Done stopping and starting console proxy vm(s) .
Stopping and starting 2 running routing vm(s)...
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
2
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
2
Done restarting router(s).

Which is the link that failed  ? Can I restart the VM to manually ?

Regards

On 03/15/2016 02:02 PM, Glenn Wagner wrote:
Hi Gian,

Yes this can be done without breaking your environment,
I would suggest you test this in a Lab first with a copy of your production DB.

Have a look at the upgrade from 4.3 Doc with regard to the template you need to use for XenServer or VMware (Update System-VM templates)
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.8.0/upgrade/upgrade-4.3.html

Thanks
Glenn

[ShapeBlue]<http://www.shapeblue.com>
Glenn Wagner
Senior Consultant       ,       ShapeBlue

d:       | s: +27 21 527 0091<tel:%7C%20s:%20+27%2021%20527%200091>      |      m:      +27 73 917 4111<tel:+27%2073%20917%204111>

e:      <mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20%7C%20t:> glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | t:        |      w:      <http://www.shapeblue.com> www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>

a:      2nd Floor, Oudehuis Centre, 122 Main Rd, Somerset West Cape Town 7130 South Africa

[cid:image5ab372.png@affc5b60.4988ada7]

Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

Posted by Gian Paolo Buono <gi...@gesca.it>.
Hi,

thanks it works !

Bye

On 04/01/2016 11:39 AM, kotipalli venkatesh wrote:

Hi Gian,

We are also getting same error, Please run the below commands

service cloudstack-usage stop
service cloudstack-management stop

again

Service cloudstack-management start
Service cloudstack-usage start

Check browser until UI get back to online.

Then execute below commands:

Step 1: nohup cloudstack-sysvmadm -d IPaddress -u cloud -p password -a >
sysvm.log 2>&1 &

XXXXXXX

Step 2: tail -f sysvm.log

After execute second step 100% working. and will wait nearly 45 mints you
will get the solution.

Regards,
Venkatesh.k

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Shweta Agarwal <
shweta.agarwal1@accelerite.com<ma...@accelerite.com>> wrote:

Hi Gian
You can restart you system VMs manually.
However if you want to run the script again check your port 8096 is open
on Management server and default api port global config is set to 8096 in
cloudstack.

Thanks
Shweta
Principal Product Engineer, CloudPlatform
Accelerite

[ShapeBlue]<http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com>

e:      <mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20%7C%20t:><mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20%7C%20t:>
glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | t:
|      w:      <http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com> www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com><
http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com>

a:      2nd Floor, Oudehuis Centre, 122 Main Rd, Somerset West Cape Town
7130 South Africa

[cid:image5ab372.png@affc5b60.4988ada7]

Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue
Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under
license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a
company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape
Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of
South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is
a registered trademark.
intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
if you believe you have received this email in error.

we have need to migrate from Citrix CloudPlatform 4.3 to CloudStack 4.8.
I have read this post:

https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2014/04/01/citrix-cloudplatform-and-apache-cloudstack/

Do you think that is it possible without destroy our infrasctracture cloud
?

Best Regards
Gian Paolo
IaaS Cloud Design & Build<
http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//><http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//> | CSForge – rapid
IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/><http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/><http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/> |
CloudStack Software Engineering<
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/><http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
CloudStack Infrastructure Support<
http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/><http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> | CloudStack
Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/><http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

DISCLAIMER
==========
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is
the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain,
copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of
this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any
liability for virus infected mails.

Re: [Migrate from Citrix CloudPlatform 4.3 to CloudStack 4.8]

Posted by kotipalli venkatesh <ve...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gian,

Posted by Suresh Sadhu <su...@accelerite.com>.
HI Gian,

Please check the system vm got upgraded properly or not.  Login to system vms  and  check the cloudstack version (cat /etc/cloudstack-release). If its matches with upgraded version(4.8) then  its upgraded properly , in that case   please share the agent and management logs to debug the root cause.

Regards
sadhu

e:      <mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20%7C%20t:><mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20%7C%20t:><mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20%7C%20t:><mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20%7C%20t:> glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | t:        |      w:      <http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com> www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com>

IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//><http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//><http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//><http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//> | CSForge - rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/><http://shapeblue.com/csforge/><http://shapeblue.com/csforge/><http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/><http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/><http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/><http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/> | CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/><http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/><http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/><http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>

e:      <mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20%7C%20t:><mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20%7C%20t:> glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | t:        |      w:      <http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com> www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com><http://www.shapeblue.com>

CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/><http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/> | CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/><http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>