Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by "Granroth, Neal V." <ne...@thermofisher.com> on 2012/08/08 21:07:34 UTC

Lucene.NET 3.0.3 Build issues

I just pulled down the 3.0.3 branch from SVN and have encountered an initial problem with the VisualStudio solution file Lucene.Net.Core.sln in the VS2010 folder.

This solution will not load in VS2010, Visual Studio complains that it was created with a newer version.
Opening the solution file in notepad reveals that it was created with VS2012 (a not yet released product)

It would be very helpful if those maintaining the source distribution limit themselves to released development tools only.

It also make me wonder of the viability of any binary distributions; they certainly should not have been created with VS2012RC

- Neal G.

Re: Lucene.NET 3.0.3 Build issues

Posted by "xzxz@mail.ru" <xz...@mail.ru>.
08.08.2012 23:07, Granroth, Neal V. пишет:
> I just pulled down the 3.0.3 branch from SVN and have encountered an initial problem with the VisualStudio solution file Lucene.Net.Core.sln in the VS2010 folder.
>
> This solution will not load in VS2010, Visual Studio complains that it was created with a newer version.
> Opening the solution file in notepad reveals that it was created with VS2012 (a not yet released product)
>
> It would be very helpful if those maintaining the source distribution limit themselves to released development tools only.
>
> It also make me wonder of the viability of any binary distributions; they certainly should not have been created with VS2012RC
>
> - Neal G.

+1

Re: Lucene.NET 3.0.3 Build issues

Posted by Christopher Currens <cu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback.  Let us know if you run into any more
issues/concerns.

Thanks,
Christopher

Posted by "Granroth, Neal V." <ne...@thermofisher.com>.

Posted by Christopher Currens <cu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Currens <cu...@gmail.com>.
See inline comments.

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.
I use VS2010 and they opened fine for me to cut the pre-release nuget packages. I'll try to take a in the next day or two to see if I can't move that back to a VS2010 package.

I wouldn't have an issue with a VS2012 solution file - as long as it was in VS2012 build folder, not the VS2010 folder; and we had a VS2010 solution.

Thanks for the heads up

~P