Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mandar Khire <kh...@mahindrabt.com> on 2004/03/26 08:02:55 UTC

Compilation of xerces-c samples on Linux

Dear All,
    I have recently downloaded the xerces-c parser for linux. I followed the
correct steps for compilation of samples. While compiling it gives me a long
series of compilation errors. The errors are as follows
usr/bin/ld: warning: libcxa.so.3, needed by
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/lib/libxerces-c.so, not found (try
using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/bin/obj/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.o: In
function `main':
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:187:
undefined reference to xercesc_2_5::XMLUni::fgXercescDefaultLocale'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:187:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize(char
const *, char const *, xercesc_2_5::PanicHandler *,
xercesc_2_5::MemoryManager *)'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:201:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate(void)'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:216:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate(void)'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:233:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate(void)'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:262:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate(void)'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:300:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate(void)'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:309:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLPlatformUtils::fgMemoryManager'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:317:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLUni::fgSAX2CoreValidation'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:318:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLUni::fgXercesDynamic'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:323:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLUni::fgSAX2CoreValidation'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:328:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLUni::fgSAX2CoreValidation'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:329:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLUni::fgXercesDynamic'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:332:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLUni::fgSAX2CoreNameSpaces'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:333:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLUni::fgXercesSchema'
/opt/xerces-c_2_5_0-redhat_72-icc_71/samples/SAX2Print/SAX2Print.cpp:334:
undefined reference to `xercesc_2_5::XMLUni::fgXercesSchemaFullChecking'

Is this a common problem or am I making some mistake in setting compilation
flags.
I am working on Redhat Linux 7.1 (g++ compiler). No extra linking or
compilation options specified.

Thanks & regards
Mandar Khire.

Disclaimer

is strictly prohibited.

Re: Compilation of xerces-c samples on Linux

Posted by Mandar Khire <kh...@mahindrabt.com>.
Dear Stephen,
Thanks a lot for your cooperation. I will download it and test it. I'll mail
back in case of some problem.

Mandar
Posted by Stephen White <sw...@decisionsoft.com>.

Posted by Gareth Reakes <pa...@parthenoncomputing.com>.
Hi,
	the source is available off the download page.

http://ftp.plig.net/pub/apache/dist/xml/xerces-c/xerces-c-current.tar.gz

Is one mirror. I just had a word with Decisionsoft and they will kindly
put up binaries later today for 2.5 and gcc 3.2, 2.95. We will link to
them from the site.

Gareth

Posted by Gareth Reakes <pa...@parthenoncomputing.com>.
Hey,