Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> on 2013/02/19 12:04:57 UTC

Demo servers active

Hi,

With a lot of help from Gavin, we  now have the demos that we have been
discussed. These are at:

    https://bh-demo1.apache.org/ (the nightly build of the latest code)
    https://bh-demo2.apache.org/ (the latest release version of the code)

Both of these are scheduled to rebuilt once a day (I believe around
03:00 UTC) which results in both servers starting from a clean state
with no tickets or other changes. Please keep this in mind if you want
to make use of these servers to help report bugs.

The bh-demo2 suffers from the following bug which stops the Create
Ticket button working: https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/399

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: Demo servers active

Posted by Mat Booth <ma...@wandisco.com>.
On 24 April 2013 14:38, Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 24.04.2013 15:17, Gary Martin wrote:

>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> Do either of these instances have the XmlRpcPlugin installed? There
>>> doesn't seem to be response from the /xmlrpc and /rpc URIs.
>>>
>>> Mat
>>>

>>> --
>>> Mat Booth
>>> Software Engineer | WANdisco
>>> http://www.wandisco.com
>>
>> It is not part of the out-of-the-box experience at this point.
>
> Ooh, "out-of-the-box experience" -- you gotta love marketspeak.
>
> http://www.bullshitbingo.net/cards/bullshit/
>
> :)
>
> -- Brane

Synergise those paradigms!

Re: Demo servers active

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.

Re: Demo servers active

Posted by Mat Booth <ma...@wandisco.com>.
On 24 April 2013 14:49, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 24/04/13 14:17, Gary Martin wrote:

>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> Do either of these instances have the XmlRpcPlugin installed? There
>>> doesn't seem to be response from the /xmlrpc and /rpc URIs.
>>>
>>> Mat
>>>

>>> --
>>> Mat Booth
>>> Software Engineer | WANdisco
>>> http://www.wandisco.com
>>

>> It is not part of the out-of-the-box experience at this point. If there is
>> enough demand or justification I suppose it could be added to the demos or
>> to the default installation. I believe it should just work.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>     Gary
>

> Given that trunk has changed significantly with multiproduct effectively
> being required, I'll check that the assertion is true at some point soon.
>
> Cheers,
>     Gary

Awesome Gary.

The reason is, I wrote this Nautilus extension a while back that send
files to Trac as ticket attachments and I'd like to test it with
Bloodhound too.

(If you are interested, you can checkout the project here:
https://github.com/mbooth101/nautilus-sendto-its#readme )

It would be great if the XML-RPC plug-in just works with Bloodhound
because then other integrations that work with Trac (Eclipse Mylyn
being one of the biggest that comes to mind) will also 'just work'
with Bloodhound. I raised you a ticket:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/509

Thanks :-)

Re: Demo servers active

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.

Re: Demo servers active

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.

Re: Demo servers active

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 4/24/13, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/24/13, Mat Booth <ma...@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> On 19 February 2013 11:04, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote:
[...]
> PS: In test stuo code I do trigger the trac-admin upgrade command but
> it fails silently .

Typos

«In test *setup* code I do trigger the trac-admin upgrade command but
it fails silently .»

Sorry

Olemis.

Re: Demo servers active

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 4/24/13, Mat Booth <ma...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 19 February 2013 11:04, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote:
[...]
>> The bh-demo2 suffers from the following bug which stops the Create Ticket
>> button working: https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/399
>>
>> Cheers,
>>     Gary

Hi Matt !

> Hey,
>
> Do either of these instances have the XmlRpcPlugin installed? There
> doesn't seem to be response from the /xmlrpc and /rpc URIs.

JFTR , after running XmlRpcPlugin test suite without any modifications
(@ r12546) against our patched copy of Trac (@ trunk) there are no
major issues , even though the plugin uses some classes that will be
replaced in a real Bloodhound environment (which are not activated by
the plugins' test suite btw)

The actual problem comes after trying to upgrade it to activate
multi-product support since , at that time the upgrade procedure fails
in the absence of bhsearch plugin .

{{{
#!sh

$ python setup.py test -m tracrpc.tests
running test
running egg_info
writing TracXMLRPC.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to TracXMLRPC.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to TracXMLRPC.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
writing entry points to TracXMLRPC.egg-info/entry_points.txt
writing TracXMLRPC.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to TracXMLRPC.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to TracXMLRPC.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
writing entry points to TracXMLRPC.egg-info/entry_points.txt
reading manifest file 'TracXMLRPC.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
writing manifest file 'TracXMLRPC.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
running build_ext

Found Trac source: /path/to/bloodhound/trac
Disabling Trac components overriden by Bloodhound...
Enabling Bloodhound multi-product plugin...
Upgrading to multi-product environment ...
Enabling RPC plugin and permissions...
TracError: The Trac Environment needs to be upgraded.

Run "trac-admin /path/to/bloodhound_rpc/trunk/rpctestenv/trac upgrade"

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/path/to/bloodhound_rpc/trunk/tracrpc/tests/__init__.py", line
78, in <module>
    '8765', 'http://127.0.0.1')
  File "/path/to/bloodhound/trac/trac/tests/functional/testenv.py",
line 60, in __init__
    self.create()
  File "/path/to/bloodhound/trac/trac/tests/functional/testenv.py",
line 138, in create
    self.post_create(env)
  File "/path/to/bloodhound_rpc/trunk/tracrpc/tests/__init__.py", line
55, in post_create
    self._tracadmin('permission', 'add', 'anonymous', 'XML_RPC')
  File "/path/to/bloodhound_rpc/trunk/tracrpc/tests/__init__.py", line
72, in _tracadmin
    SvnFunctionalTestEnvironment._tracadmin(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/path/to/bloodhound/trac/trac/tests/functional/testenv.py",
line 159, in _tracadmin
    'with %r' % (proc.returncode, args))
Exception: Failed with exitcode 2 running trac-admin with
('permission', 'add', 'anonymous', 'XML_RPC')
Trac test infrastructure not available.
Install Trac as 'python setup.py develop' (run Trac from source).

Stopping web server...

Ran 0 tests in 0.000s

OK

$ trac-admin /path/to/bloodhound_rpc/rpctestenv/trac/ upgrade
The upgrade failed. Please fix the issue and try again.

ImportError: No module named bhsearch

}}}

Could you please confirm that MP support may be enabled in a
deployment without bhsearch activated ?

Re: Demo servers active

Posted by Mat Booth <ma...@wandisco.com>.

Re: Demo servers active

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
I have loaded the i.a.o/bh data with a little bit of sanitisation to fit
the installed workflow. It is missing items relating to attachments and
probably a few other things but it is a start.

Another option (or something to combine perhaps) would be provided if I
dust off some code I was playing with a while back to insert random
lorem ipsum text into through the xmlrpc interface. If anyone is
interested in that script, I can put it into our repository somewhere
along with some documentation.

Anyway.. I have done a blunt adding of some js to override the problem
with the ticket behaviour. I'm not exactly convinced that it is the best
way to go but I guess I will live with it for now.

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: Demo servers active

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.