Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Arun Gupta <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/05 23:20:25 UTC

Processing GET requests

I need to define couple of URLs in my app that return JSON data on GET
request and are not tied to any view. Planning to use
QueryStringUrlCodingStrategy and append the URL as
"type=runlogs&chart=barchart". Then in the WebPage, extract the query
string and process them.

How do I ensure that JSON data is returned for GET requests to those URLs ?

Thanks,
-Arun

--
Need Application Server ? - Download glassfish.org
Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta

Re: Processing GET requests

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
Sure - or deploying quickly to a test server, etc (although it depends
on you keeping the console open).

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

Re: Processing GET requests

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.

Re: Processing GET requests

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Re: Processing GET requests

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.

Re: Processing GET requests

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Re: Processing GET requests

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the tip!

Re: Processing GET requests

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Re: Processing GET requests

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.
That's a good point, so I guess I'll use a standard Servlet which seems to be
the right thing to do anyway. Seems like adding BookmarkablePage will
complicate things and I prefer KISS :)

Thanks,
-Arun

Re: Processing GET requests

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
why is it "even" with Wicket?

Re: Processing GET requests

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.
Some background ...

Re: Processing GET requests

Posted by Alex Objelean <al...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Processing GET requests

Posted by arungupta <ar...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

I saw the article on RESTful URLs with Wicket and using it for a different
purpose. But as Igor said, I'll use Servlet for serving my JSON and then use
them to create the UI in Wicket.

-Arun

http://java.dzone.com/news/wicket-creating-restful-urls

Re: Processing GET requests