Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Phil E Dietz <pe...@west.com> on 1998/09/01 17:28:07 UTC

os-aix/2937: Address already in use errors

>Number:         2937
>Category:       os-aix
>Synopsis:       Address already in use errors
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Receiving "67)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to port 80"
errors on AIX4.2.1 box.

I have hard restarted it like the docs say but they still show up every 60 secs.

(side note, in order to compile on AIX4.2 I had to modify os.c and add #if (AIX < 42) like a previous PR mentions.  The previous PR used (AIX < 43) but indeed it's 42.
>How-To-Repeat:
NA
>Fix:
Add a troubleshooting page to your docs.