Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> on 2004/01/08 11:25:53 UTC

Fwd: RE: Decision Needed Regarding Wiki

Mark,

Given Noel's message included below, we can even go for
wiki.apache.org/${subproject} instead of
wiki.apache.org/logging-${subproject}. Both options should result in
the same behavior wrt notifications. Craig McClanahan objected against
the first option, fearing name classes but apparently that is not a
problem because each subproject of Logging Services will have its own
Wiki in either case.

Anyway, given that we already have a positive vote for the first option, let's
go with that if you like. In other words, please submit your request,
the one we just voted for, to infrastructure@ at the time of your
convenience.

--
Ceki Gülcü

Re: [FINAL] Decision Needed Regarding Wiki

Posted by Paul Smith <pa...@lawlex.com.au>.
On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 15:58, Mark Womack wrote:
> With no objection, I will make the request to infrastructure Monday of next
> week.  They can have the weekend off. :-)  And if anyone wants to pipe in
> with a -1, you have the weekend to do it.

+1, and many thank for organising.

Paul

[FINAL] Decision Needed Regarding Wiki

Posted by Mark Womack <mw...@apache.org>.
With no objection, I will make the request to infrastructure Monday of next
week.  They can have the weekend off. :-)  And if anyone wants to pipe in
with a -1, you have the weekend to do it.

I proposed the logging-$subproject option because I feel that identifying
the parent project is important.  As we discussed, logging/$subproject would
be the best option, but it cannot be supported in the wiki, unfortunately.

Just to repeat the proposal:

1) Request infrastructure@apache.org create a new wiki for the Logging
project at:

  wiki.apache.org/logging

This will be a wiki for the Logging project.  We can put PMC/general items
there as well as links to subproject wiki's.
Change notifications for the wiki will be mailed to:
general@logging.apache.org

2) Request infrastructure@apache.org create a wiki for log4j at:

  wiki.apache.org/logging-log4j

The current Jakarta log4j wiki pages will also be ported/converted to the
new location so we won't have to recreate them.
Change notifications to the wiki will be mailed to:
log4j-cvs@logging.apache.org.

The general format for future subproject wiki's will be

  wiki.apache.org/logging-$subproject

with notifications being mailed to $subproject-cvs@logging.apache.org.  So,
taking log4net as an example:

  wiki.apache.org/logging-log4net