Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by chaitanya krishna <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/22 05:24:39 UTC

Steps to get pig source code in Eclipse environment

Hi,

  I'm a newbie to Pig and would like to look at its source code. I tried to
get it into Eclipse environment by following the steps mentioned in
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/Eclipse_Environment but it didn't work.

  This is unlike Hadoop, where there is a simple ant target
("eclipse-files") to get it into eclipse. Is there any such way in pig? (If
not, I think there should be) or is there some way to get the package-view
of pig in eclipse?

Thanks,
V.V.Chaitanya

Re: Steps to get pig source code in Eclipse environment

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <as...@gmail.com>.
Chaitanya,

Awesome! I do these steps manually (atleast) 10 times a week which
your patch will automate. Hugely useful.

The way the patch process works for Apache projects is that you create
a jira issue on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa and
attach your patch on the issue. Then some one will review it to get it
committed in the trunk. So, go ahead create a ticket on jira and
attach your patch there.

Ashutosh

Posted by chaitanya krishna <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
At some point you need to run "ant" so that it pulls down various
dependencies and autogenerate some code -- this is probably the step that
was missing when you used the subclipse plugin. I know people have used
subclipse successfully before (me, I'm more of a command-line type).

An ant target that took care of that and setting classpaths, etc, would be a

Posted by chaitanya krishna <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ashutosh,

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chaitanya,