Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Barak Simon <ba...@db.com> on 2004/09/20 09:01:38 UTC

SocketServer

Hi,
I am trying to use Java's SocketServer with C++ clients, but get the following errors:

2004-09-20 16:39:44,537 ERROR [main] net.SocketNode - Could not open ObjectInputStream to Socket[addr=<xxx>,port=<yyy>,localport=5000]
java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:737)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:253)
        at org.apache.log4j.net.SocketNode.<init>(SocketNode.java:46)
        at org.apache.log4j.net.SocketServer.main(SocketServer.java:110)

Is it supposed to be possible to do what I try, or am I mixing unmixables?
If so, is there, or has someone wrote, an equivalent C++ SocketServer? (The more advanced one, not the SimpleSocketServer)

Thanks,
Barak

________________________
Barak Simon
GED IT Core Platform
190 George St. Sydney, 2000
Phone +61 2 925 85070
Fax      +61 2 925 95050

Re: SocketServer

Posted by Christophe de VIENNE <cd...@alphacent.com>.
Barak Simon wrote:

>Hi,
>I am trying to use Java's SocketServer with C++ clients,

In the current log4cxx version, socketappender encoding is not
compatible with log4j.
If you need to make log4cxx and log4j communicate (if you use chainsaw
for instance), then you have to use XMLSocketAppender.

Regards,

Christophe