Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> on 2010/11/09 20:40:46 UTC

Test performance

I've done a simple survey of the test run times, and the approximately
20 tests that each took more than 400 seconds on one of my runs
collectively account for almost 4 hours of the run time.

I plan to look individually at some of those 20 tests to see if there
are significant savings without reducing the test's effectiveness. I may
learn some principles that can be applied on a bulk basis to shorter tests.

Patricia

Re: Test performance

Posted by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com>.
I couldn't find a central config file - but I'm sure Jonathan knows
more about it than me.

I did to a quick search for all occurrences of "timeout" though.
There is a fair amount of them, I've attached the raw output from this
search just in case it proves interesting/useful.

Re: Test performance

Posted by Jonathan Costers <jo...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Patricia