Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Dave Nielsen <da...@dremio.com> on 2021/07/01 14:42:53 UTC

3 Iceberg talks at Subsurface

There are a few Iceberg talks at the Subsurface
<https://www.dremio.com/subsurface/live/agenda/?utm_medium=community&utm_source=mailinglist&utm_term=iceberg&utm_content=email1&utm_campaign=2021-subsurface-summer>
virtual conference (free)

   - Iceberg Case Studies - by Ryan Blue
   - Why & How Netflix Created and Migrated to Iceberg - by Ted Gooch of
   Netflix
   - Enabling Analysts to Build a Lakehouse with Spark SQL & Iceberg - by
   Sachin Bansal of Cuebook

And other talks such as one about Project Nessie by Ryan Murray; and Arrow;
Arrow Flight; and many other projects; And a panel about Open Data
Architecture with some project leads

Full-disclosure, I'm one of the organizers

Dave Nielsen

Subsurface LIVE tomorrow morning

Posted by Dave Nielsen <da...@dremio.com>.
Hey folks, a reminder - SubsurfaceConf starts tomorrow. It's free, and
there are 3 Iceberg talks:

- Why & How Netflix Created and Migrated to Iceberg - by Ted Gooch of
Netflix
- Iceberg Case Studies - by Ryan Blue
- Enabling Analysts to Build a Lakehouse with Spark SQL & Iceberg - by
Sachin Bansal of Cuebook

Plus: Ryan Blue, Wes McKinney, Julien Le Dem & Ryan Murray are together on
a panel on Thursday. That should be interesting, if not entertaining.

Here's the link: