Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nick S <sp...@hotmail.com> on 2003/04/01 12:48:54 UTC

NumberFormatException when building with Maven

Hello!

I was wondering if someone could help me - I'm trying to get my project
building with maven, but seem to consistantly get a NumberFormatException
whenever I give it the path to my source code.

This is a partial stack trace:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "includes"
	at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
	at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:532)
	at org.apache.commons.jexl.util.Coercion.coerceInteger(Coercion.java:95)
	at
org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTArrayAccess.evaluateExpr(ASTArrayAccess.java:177)
	at
org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTIdentifier.execute(ASTIdentifier.java:104)
	at
org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:106)
	at org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTReference.value(ASTReference.java:88)
	at org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTNotNode.value(ASTNotNode.java:88)
	at
org.apache.commons.jexl.parser.ASTExpression.value(ASTExpression.java:85)
	at org.apache.commons.jexl.ExpressionImpl.evaluate(ExpressionImpl.java:123)
	at
org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.jexl.JexlExpression.evaluate(JexlExpression.java:115)
	at
org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.jexl.JexlExpressionFactory$ExpressionSupportLocal.evaluate(JexlExpressionFactory.java:168)
	at
org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.ExpressionSupport.evaluateRecurse(ExpressionSupport.java:106)
	at
org.apache.commons.jelly.expression.ExpressionSupport.evaluateAsBoolean(ExpressionSupport.java:116)
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.core.WhenTag.doTag(WhenTag.java:90)
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:279)
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:135)
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:233)
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.core.ChooseTag.doTag(ChooseTag.java:84)
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:279)
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:135)
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:233)
	at com.werken.werkz.jelly.ProjectTag.doTag(ProjectTag.java:112)
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:279)
	at org.apache.maven.jelly.JellyUtils.runScript(JellyUtils.java:112)
	at org.apache.maven.jelly.JellyUtils.runScript(JellyUtils.java:139)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java:673)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.prepForGoal(PluginManager.java:475)
	at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.prepForGoal(MavenSession.java:260)

I also get about 20 errors similar to the following:

2003-04-01 11:28:49,538 ERROR org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.ant.AntTag -
Class org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.core.IfTag doesn't support the nested
"available" element.
2003-04-01 11:28:49,548 ERROR org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.ant.AntTag -
Class com.werken.werkz.jelly.ProjectTag doesn't support the nested "path"
element.

I think the problem may be that I'm having difficulty getting my jars on the
classpath during the build, but as everything I try seems to return these
errors its difficult to work out what I'm doing wrong. This is the build
part of my project.xml file: (there are no dependencies defined; my project
builds fine using ant, so I don't think its a code problem)

  <build>

    <nagEmailAddress>
      noone@hotmail.com
    </nagEmailAddress>

    <sourceDirectory>myproject/src</sourceDirectory>

    <unitTestSourceDirectory></unitTestSourceDirectory>
    <integrationUnitTestSourceDirectory/>

    <aspectSourceDirectory/>

    <unitTest>
    </unitTest>

    <!-- J A R  R E S O U R C E S -->
    <!-- Resources that are packaged up inside the JAR file -->
    <resources>
      <includes>
        <include>servlet.jar</include>
      </includes>
    </resources>

    <integrationUnitTest/>

    <jars>
    </jars>

  </build>

I get the same problem with no jars included (under resources), with the
jars under the <jar> tag instead, and with the jars defined under
dependencies (I'm not convinced I'm doing it right for any of them though).
The exception doesn't occur if I replace the source directory to something
like:
<sourceDirectory>myproject/noneexistantdirectory/src</sourceDirectory>.

Has anyone encountered this before and could give me a hint? Or an example
of how to properly include some jars on the classpath during the build from
the 'myproject/lib directory' would be much appreciated!

Apologies if I'm just doing something stupid :)

Cheers,
Nick

Re: NumberFormatException when building with Maven

Posted by "Mark H. Wilkinson" <mh...@kremvax.net>.
On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 01:21, dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
> "Nick S" <sp...@hotmail.com> wrote on 01/04/2003 08:48:54 PM:
>

> > java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "includes"

[...]

> >     <!-- J A R  R E S O U R C E S -->
> >     <!-- Resources that are packaged up inside the JAR file -->
> >     <resources>
> >       <includes>
> >         <include>servlet.jar</include>
> >       </includes>
> >     </resources>

I think you need a <resource> element around the <includes> element.

> Nick,
>
> your best bet on these ones is to file a bug report in
> http://jira.codehaus.org for Maven and put up your project.xml and
> anything else that helps.

That might still be a good idea, I guess. The error message could be
more helpful.

-Mark.

Re: NumberFormatException when building with Maven

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au