Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.com> on 2006/05/10 17:05:32 UTC

Pointer to good Java Binding Cocoon Forms docs?

I am at a point where I need good step by step instructions on binding a
CForm to a Java object (in the JavaBean idiom).  I'm talking from the
beginning.  The reference docs on the Cocoon site are "ok" if you have
the environment set up already.  I have done Google searches and tried
following the samples, but I'm still hit and miss here.

I'm staring up the end of a deadline and I only have some frustration to
show for it.  I believe I only need some coaching at this point, but
there isn't anything that really qualifies for "This is where you begin
and how things work together".  I need some kind of pointer, please.  I
know CForms works, because of some of your comments.  I just can't seem
to get it working for me.

--
*Berin Loritsch*
Owner

*Work:* 571-215-7708
	*Email:* bloritsch@d-haven.com <ma...@d-haven.com>
*IM:* bloritsch@d-haven.org (MSN)
*http://www.linkedin.com/in/bloritsch
*
* * 		*D-Haven* <http://d-haven.org>
20044 Great Falls Forest Dr.
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=20044+Great+Falls+Forest+Dr.%2CGreat+Falls%2CVA+22066%2CUSA&hl=en>
Great Falls, VA 22066
USA

See who we know in common <http://www.linkedin.com/e/wwk/5678360/> 	Want
a signature like this? <http://www.linkedin.com/e/sig/5678360/>

Re: Pointer to good Java Binding Cocoon Forms docs?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.com>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi Berin,
>
> In the sample there is a nice step by step tutorial of how bean
> framework works [1] lookup for "Binding samples".
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo.
>
> [1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/

It's not a "how to" which is what I need.  It's a working sample and I
have to figure out by reverse engineering how the thing works.  I need
it, not only for myself but for my colleagues as well.  This is the text
I see:

Cocoon Forms has a binding framework which assists in copying Java-bean
or XML (DOM) data into a form and back.

XML Binding
<http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/form2xml.flow>
- A form for just editing an XML file.
Simple XML Binding
<http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/form2simpleXML.flow>
- A form for just editing XML data. Illustrates the XMLAdapter.
Bean Binding
<http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/form2bean.flow>
- A form for just editing a Java bean

Step-by-step tutorial into individual binding features:

1. Binding Simple Values
<http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/binding-01value.flow>
- fb:*/@direction and fb:value/*
2. Lenient Binding
<http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/binding-02lenient.flow>
- fb:*/@lenient
3. Aggregate Binding
<http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/binding-03aggregate.flow>
- fb:aggregate
4. Heavy Form
<http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/binding-04heavy-XML.flow>
- Form with lots of select boxes - test memory utilization, performance
5. Custom Bindings using Java or Javascript
<http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/binding-05custom.flow>
- fb:javascript and fb:custom
6. XML binding using namespaces
<http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/binding-06namespaced-XML.flow>
- Using XML binding with complex namespaced XML

And on each link is an example of a form.  There's no link to a "how to"
or tutorial there.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Berin,