Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com> on 2003/07/03 14:37:21 UTC

OJB + JDORI

There is information in Tutorial 4 about setting up JDORI + OJB for the
tutorials, but based on the recent volume of email asking about OJB and
JDO I think it might be good to split out the documentation on setting
up OJB to work with JDORI into its own page. A tutorial on how to use
it isn't immediately clear as the place to look for how to set it up.

As the OJB + JDORI is a temporary solution, is *not* allowable for
commercial development without contacting Sun for permission (anyone
officially affiliated with OJB willing to nudge them about licensing
changes so that it can be officially allowable?), and is not generally
pushed on the lists as a "good" solution I figured I better ask
opinions on making it easier for people to do before I started spewing
words into xml.

JDO is getting a lot of press lately, is a pretty nice spec (imho) and
is going to probably more important to people than ODMG in the future,
so having a workable solution sooner rather than later might be a good
idea - especially as OJB has a workable solution right now (but no one
can figure it out apparently).

Thoughts?

-Brian