Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jakub Piechnik <pi...@wp.pl> on 2005/12/18 22:26:58 UTC

Betwixt and Log4j

Hello

I'm new to Betwixt. When I was creating my fiorst project using betwixt
everything was ok, but then when I add that project into larger project
- something went wrong. I mean code which was good, and worked started
to faild. I can not parse single xml text. After hours of fighting with
this problem - I've tried to remove log4j.jar - and to my suprise - it
stared working. So the cause was log4j.jar. Have You ever faced with
such a problem?

I was using Betwixt 0.7 and log4j-1.2.8

Greetings
Jakub Piechnik

Re: Betwixt and Log4j

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 22:26 +0100, Jakub Piechnik wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm new to Betwixt. When I was creating my fiorst project using betwixt
> everything was ok, but then when I add that project into larger project
> - something went wrong. I mean code which was good, and worked started
> to faild. I can not parse single xml text. After hours of fighting with
> this problem - I've tried to remove log4j.jar - and to my suprise - it
> stared working. So the cause was log4j.jar. Have You ever faced with
> such a problem?

this sounds like a problem involving jakarta commons logging and a bad
classloader configuration. the behaviour of JCL has been changed in
these circumstances since the last release. i'd advise upgrading to a
recent JCL nightly.

- robert