Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Arun Allamsetty <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/18 01:46:40 UTC

Project to help the HBase community

Hello HBase Developers,

I am a graduate student and I am currently (learning and) using HBase as a
part of my internship. I find it to be really useful, but I am sure there
is always scope for improvement. I am to write some feature for HBase which
will be helpful to the entire community as my graduate project. Can you
people give me pointers on how and where to start?

Thanks,
Arun

Re: Project to help the HBase community

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
There is noob tag which serves such purpose.

You can look for open JIRAs with noob tag.

Cheers

Posted by Nitish Upreti <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thank you Arun for reaching out.

There are the aforementioned 'noob' labelled issues but sounds like you
would be interested in something meatier.  Go through the list of open new
features:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20HBASE%20and%20type%20%3D%20%22new%20feature%22.
 See if there is anything therein that you'd like to work on and then lets
discuss?

Yours,
St.Ack

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.