Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Moyer, Brett" <BM...@tiaa.org> on 2020/02/03 16:40:18 UTC

Auto-Suggest within Tier Architecture

Hello,

	Looking to see how others accomplished this goal. We have a 3 Tier architecture, Solr is down deep in T3 far from the end user. How do you make Auto-Suggest calls from the Internet Browser through the Tiers down to Solr in T3? We essentially created steps down each tier, but I'm looking to know what other approaches people have created. Did you put your solr in T1, I assume not, that would put it at risk. Thanks!

Brett Moyer
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it.

TIAA

Re: Auto-Suggest within Tier Architecture

Posted by Paras Lehana <pa...@indiamart.com>.
Hi Brett,

We, at IndiaMART, have Solr installed behind PHP servers which are
behind Varnish servers.

Yes, you are right exposing Solr URL is not a good idea. A single service
in between would do the trick.

You can try our service at dir.indiamart.com. We have a client-side JS that
handles AJAX requests per keystroke. Do let me know for any other queries.
:)

On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 at 22:10, Moyer, Brett <BM...@tiaa.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         Looking to see how others accomplished this goal. We have a 3 Tier
> architecture, Solr is down deep in T3 far from the end user. How do you
> make Auto-Suggest calls from the Internet Browser through the Tiers down to
> Solr in T3? We essentially created steps down each tier, but I'm looking to
> know what other approaches people have created. Did you put your solr in
> T1, I assume not, that would put it at risk. Thanks!
>
> Brett Moyer
> This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
> immediately and then delete it.
>
> TIAA

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, *Auto-Suggest*,
IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd,

11th Floor, Tower 2, Assotech Business Cresterra,
Plot No. 22, Sector 135, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India 201305

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 0120-4056700 | Extn:
*11096*

--