Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com> on 2005/01/20 03:04:36 UTC

bug? invalid url-pattern - 'schemas/content.xsd'

Hi,

Tomcat-5.5.4 on jdk1.5, windows xp

I have a schema validated web.xml (that is valid) that throws an error
at startup saying this is invalid:

<sevlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>content-schema</servlet-name>
   <servlet-mapping>schemas/content.xsd</servlet-mapping>
</sevlet-mapping>

Why would this be invalid?

best,
-Rob

Re: bug? invalid url-pattern - 'schemas/content.xsd'

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Parsons Technical Services wrote:
> Try changing the name of the servlet.
> From
> content-schema
> content_schema
> Or
> contentschema
>
> I know there are some restrictions on what characters you can use and
> where in the name you can use them. Can't find the reference at the moment.

Thanks, but changing the name did not work (and I have others with a
dash that work).

I made a copy/paste error below (of course...). Should have been:

<sevlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>contentSchema</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>schemas/content.xsd</url-pattern>
</sevlet-mapping>

and I should have added that right below it (error line plus 1) I have:

<sevlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>contentSchema</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>schemas/content_extended.xsd</url-pattern>
</sevlet-mapping>

Starting up tomcat says the error is on the line that has
</sevlet-mapping> for the first mapping. Before the servlet-name change
it did say the problem was the url-pattern. Now it just tells the line
number.

best,
-Rob