Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Tom White <to...@apache.org> on 2009/07/01 11:44:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release Hadoop 0.19.2 (candidate 0)

I have created a candidate build for Hadoop 0.19.2. This fixes 42
issues in 0.19.1
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&pid=12310240&fixfor=12313650).

*** Please download, test and vote before the
*** vote closes on Friday, July 3.

http://people.apache.org/~tomwhite/hadoop-0.19.2-candidate-0/

Cheers,
Tom

Re: [VOTE] Release Hadoop 0.19.2 (candidate 0)

Posted by Chris K Wensel <ch...@wensel.net>.
+1

cascading unit/regression tests pass

thanks Tom!

ckw

--
Chris K Wensel
chris@concurrentinc.com

Fwd: [VOTE] Release Hadoop 0.19.2 (candidate 0)

Posted by Tom White <to...@apache.org>.
Please download and test this Hadoop 0.19.2 release candidate, and
vote on common-dev.

Thanks,
Tom

Posted by jason hadoop <ja...@gmail.com>.
Since the only place that data is incompatable is in a map, I don't think it
should matter, unless someone has written out a file of TupleWriteables in a
sequence file.
The serialization format is designed to be able to read the old format.

Posted by jason hadoop <ja...@gmail.com>.
I don't believe that patch breaks any compatibility, the change is
completely internal to TupleWritable.
The version in 18, requires larger changes as CompositeInputReader needs to
change also.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jason hadoop <ja...@gmail.com>.
It is a bug fix, it fixes the mapside join to work as documented instead of
having an undocumented failure case when you have more than 32 tables in
your join statement.

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by jason hadoop <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1 from me too.

With 6 +1 votes (3 of which were from PMC members) and no -1 votes,
this passes. Thanks to everyone who tried it out.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow for a week, which means I can push out
the release to the mirrors, but I won't be able to update the website
links and documentation (since you have to wait 24 hours for changes
to propagate). Another committer could step in to do that, or it could
wait till I'm back.

Cheers,
Tom

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1 on the RC.

Posted by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com>.
+1

I've been running it too and it works well.

Amandeep Khurana
Computer Science Graduate Student
University of California, Santa Cruz

Posted by Dhruba Borthakur <dh...@gmail.com>.